Sunday, March 31, 2013

Journal 6-Miss Representation-Effects of Media

The movie Miss Representation made me think about many different things.  After watching the video, my head started swimming thinking about things like how women are viewed in the media, in politics, in entertainment, and overall in general.  There are several factors that I believe may contribute to this and they involve young people, both male and female.  Lack of parental involvement at home, lack of religion, lack of manners and morals being taught both at home and at school, and maybe event the fact the parents are getting younger and younger.  Let's face it, it is difficult to instill morals in a child, if you are a child yourself.  We have taken religion out of schools and politics and it has all but disappeared from the home as well. 
Young people are not being taught to have self respect much less respect for others.  I am extremely thankful not to have had a daughter.  I have no idea how I would have been able to deal with raising a daughter in this disrespectful world.  I have a six year old son and I am trying my very best to instill morals, manners, values, and a good religious foundation in him.  This world has so much negative and maybe if we can start with the kids are young, we might be able to make things different.  After all, the children are the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment