Saturday, April 27, 2013

Journal 8-Class Review


Journal 8 – Class Review

 

First of all, I would like to start by saying that I took ENC 1101 in 1997.  The following term, I registered for ENC 1102, but had to withdraw for personal reasons.  I have done everything in my power since that time to avoid taking ENC 1102 due to the fact that I despise writing research papers.  As this is my final class that was necessary to graduate, I was forced to take the class.  That being said, I am so happy that I waited to take ENC 1102 and was able to take this particular class.  I thoroughly enjoyed all the film screenings.  Each one was so meaningful and thought provoking.  The thing that I liked most about the class was actually two items.  I liked the peer critique process and getting immediate feedback on my paper.  Second, I am now a blogger!  I learned how to set up and post to a blog.  It is so awesome to be able to read my other classmates thoughts on their blogs.  The OWL website was a wonderful tool.  I will use that site from this point forward for all future writings.  The only things that I would change, or at the very least maybe modify, is the blog review tracking process and the peer critique sheets.  There should be some sort of spread sheet built into blackboard with pertinent tracking information that would make it easier to keep track of all the blog reviews completed for both the student and the teacher.  Some of the questions to answer on the peer critique sheets, seemed a little difficult to understand or slightly cumbersome. 

Overall, I thought the class was wonderful.  This new format is like a breath of fresh air to the old
ENC 1102 research paper format.  Thank you Professor Warren.  It was an outstanding class!

No comments:

Post a Comment