Monday, April 15, 2013

Journal 7 - Education Essay - Waiting for "Superman"

I am so glad that we watched this film.  This is a subject that I am definately passionate about.  Being a single parent of a six year old, serverly ADHD boy, I am very interested in his education.  I have always felt that the right teacher can make or break a child's ambition and goals.  I have experienced this myself two times over my life.  There are many factors that affect a child's education; parents, teachers, friends, moral and religious upbringing and environment.
Any one of these factors can greatly influence a child's education and sway them one way or the other.  The legislation surrounding teachers is changing for the better everyday and will continue to do so.  Items to discuss: tenured teachers and how to eliminate the bad ones, how to reward the good teachers, how to enhance the effectiveness of good teachers, and how to keep parents involved. These are our challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment